Use of our education centers is free for local nonprofit organizations!
Did you know that WECU® offers two free meeting facilities for local nonprofit organizations? Our education centers are available for your organization to hold meetings and other events. Reservations are granted on a first-come, first-served basis, to groups meeting WECU's guidelines. To ensure fairness to all groups, we allow only one use during a 30-day period.
Our education centers are located at the following addresses:
- 511 East Holly Street, Bellingham (across from our main office): Available seven days a week from 8 am until 10 pm.
[ Features and Guidelines ] [ Usage Agreement ]
- 5659 Barrett Road, Ferndale: Available seven days a week from 8 am until 10 pm.
[ Features and Guidelines ] [ Usage Agreement ] [ Parking Map ]
Education Center Features:
- Projection screen for slides or presentations
- On-site parking
- Clean, non-smoking facility
- Capacity: up to 84 persons in Bellingham, or 114 persons in Ferndale
- Tables and chairs
- Dry-erase whiteboard and pens (only in our Bellingham location)
- Large, clean restrooms
- Kitchenette including full-size refrigerator, microwave, sink and instant hot water tap.
Because WECU® does not charge for use of our Education Centers, we do not allow our users to charge for the event taking place. Business transactions of any nature (ticket sales, fundraising, product sales) are also not allowed. We do not allow public meetings, nor meetings advertised as such. Advertising includes radio spots, notices or signs posted around town, or in publications such as the Bellingham Herald or other print media. We reserve the right to turn down reservation requests from groups or organizations which could create controversy or friction among WECU® members.
Our education centers are popular! Please send us your booking request as far in advance as possible. In order to be fair, individual groups are allowed a maximum of one reservation per rolling 30-day period. WECU® is unable to book a series of recurring events. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
We do not loan the facilities for "private" use, such as anniversaries, birthday parties, wedding receptions, etc.