|Whether you're an old pro...|
|...or just getting started|
There's always more to explore. At WECU®, we're committed to financial education. We want you to succeed! Our members have access to free financial counseling, credit report reviews, classroom visits, community seminars, and online education.
If you have questions regarding your account, or financial services offered by WECU®, try searching for the answer through our online InfoGuy service. If you can't find it there, please contact us. We're always happy to help out in any way we can.
We know that managing finances can be tough and we would love to help out.
That's why we've provided our members with access to free and confidential financial counseling and education through BALANCE offering:
- Money Management
- Credit matters
- Checking Account Management
- Vehicle Financing
- Identity Theft
- Credit Reports
- Road to Homeownership
- High Cost Financial Services
To access these features provided free to you by BALANCE and WECU®, click here.
Education has always been an important focus at WECU®. We feel it is vital for young people to gain financial skills that will help them for a lifetime. WECU® offers presentations on a variety of financial subjects to help youth gain a better understanding of money management and the challenges associated with financial independence. We are available for career days, open houses, PTA meetings, parent nights and visits to individual classes. Some of the topics we address include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Budgeting: exploring and setting realistic financial goals, planning for college and important financial events in the future, realistic budgeting and budgeting tips.
- Credit: developing and learning to use credit wisely, WECU's Student Visa Program, understanding the difference between debit and credit cards.
- Accounts: the importance of reading and reviewing monthly statements, how to balance a checkbook, online/24 hour access.
WECU® also has National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) curriculum and practice checkbooks available on request. For more information, to request supplies or if you would like to schedule a classroom visit, call Reid Frederick at 360.756.7790 click here to contact us via InfoGuy. Please allow a month for delivery of materials.