WECU® Nonprofit Spotlight
Chartered in 1922, the Kiwanis Club of Bellingham is a community service organization of devoted men and women dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. Their members come from diverse backgrounds and are employed in or retired from a variety of industries in and around Bellingham and Whatcom County. Whether they are dusting, painting or repairing at a Boys Girls Club, volunteering for a food bank Baby Food Drive, or cleaning up the children's area at Bellingham Technical College, they always make sure to have fun while helping improve our community!
Kiwanis is the sponsoring organization for school organizations including Circle K on college campuses, Key Clubs at the high school level and K-Kids at the elementary school level. The goal is to engage our youth in community service early in their life.
The Objectives of Kiwanis
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.
If you are looking for a place to connect with other locals and make a difference, come check Kiwanis out! Guests are always encouraged and welcome their service projects and club meetings. The main club meets on Tuesdays from 11:45am - 1pm at the Bellingham Golf & Country Club, and features guest speakers from various industries and leadership positions within Bellingham and Whatcom County. The Young Professionals meet the 3rd Thursday of each month, and schedule their own wonderful socials and projects.