VISA Gift Cards
More personal than cash or check. More flexible than a gift certificate!
- WECU's Card Services can process custom orders if you would like a message on your card or want more cards than we have available at a branch. Custom orders are shipped directly to your
physical address within 5-7 business days by UPS. Please contact our full service Call Center for custom orders.
- The gift card is accepted in the United States (including extensions such as US military bases) and its territories: Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, United States Virgin Islands,
American Samoa, and Guam.
- It allows you the same purchase protection as Visa Credit and Debit cards.
- If lost or stolen, the unused balance on your card can be transferred to a new card by MetaBank and that card will be shipped within 30 days. Please call MetaBank at 1.866.496.6183.
- The card will be ready for use 1 hour after the recipient has registered it in their name.
- A gift card is more personal than cash or check, and more flexible than a gift certificate!
- No PIN is provided so the card must be used as "credit" with a signature.
- Members can check the card balance via MetaBank's 24 x 7 customer service by phone, 1.866.496.6183, or at www.myprepaidbalance.com.
- The Visa gift card is for purchases only and will not work at an ATM or for a cash advance.
- All transactions must be done by selecting "credit" and signing for the purchase (except on the Internet or over the phone).
- The person using the card must register it on the Web or by phone at www.myprepaidbalance.com or 1.866.496.6183.
- The card can be used at face to face merchants, telephone merchants and Internet merchants an hour after the card has been registered.
- If any problems arise with the card, the Gift Card Recipient should first contact MetaBank for assistance at 1.866.496.6183.
- If MetaBank does not provide assistance for any reason, the gift card recipient can always contact WECU's Call Center at 360.676.1168 between 8:00a.m. and 6:00p.m. Monday through Friday.
- WECU® charges $2.00 per card at the time of purchase to cover the cost paid to MetaBank.
- WECU® charges an additional $10.00 shipping charge for all Custom orders under 25 cards.
- MetaBank charges $5 to replace a lost or stolen card.
- There is an inactivity fee of $2.95 per month if the card is not used within 12 months.
Copyright © 2017 Whatcom Educational Credit Union